Alfred Hinshaw scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook compiled by Dr. Alfred Hinshaw, 1933 graduate of the KU School of Medicine and Assistant Superintendent of the University of Kansas Hospitals from 1936-1942. The scrapbook contains news clippings about the hospital, photographs of faculty members of the School of Medicine, and assorted correspondence.
- 1937 - 1940
- Hinshaw, Alfred Horton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Some folders are restricted because of their sensitive nature or because they contain personal or confidential information. These records are protected by federal laws such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Examples of restricted records are personnel files, medical records, financial records, and any materials containing personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Restricted materials are identified at the box and/or folder level within the finding aid. Questions about these materials may be directed to the Archivist. Access may be allowed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the KUMC Archives and only after a proposal has been reviewed and approved by the University of Kansas Human Subjects Committee. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Archives staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of materials. The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright which may be involved in the use of this collection.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 oversize flat box)
Language of Materials
The collection was donated to the Clendening History of Medicine Library in the 1970s and cataloged under call number HM V Archives Hinshaw. The collection was transferred to the University of Kansas Medical Center Archives in the early 2000s.
- Academic Medical Centers Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Hospitals Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Hospitals, Public Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Hospitals, Teaching Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Medicine -- Kansas Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Kansas. School of Medicine
- Guide to the Alfred Hinshaw Collection
- Alfred Hinshaw scrapbook
- Finding aid prepared by CAW. Finding aid encoded by CAW.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.